Entering Rack Letters
- Select the Wordlist
- Choose the Scoring Method
- Type in your Rack Letters - as many as 12 letters may be entered. Use spaces to represent up to 3 blank tiles.
Entering Board Letters (Optional):
- Letters entered in the box labeled 'Beginning' are used to find answers that have those letters in the first 3 positions of the word. These are typically the letters that are near the top or left side of the Scrabble/Literati/Words With Friends©/WordFeud board.
- Letters entered in the box labeled 'Anywhere can appear anywhere in the answers.
- Letters entered in the box labeled End are used to find answers that have those letters in the last 3 positions of the word. These are typically the letters that are near the bottom or right side of the Scrabble/Literati board.
- If no words can be made with any board letter, then only the rack letters are used. If no word can be made even with the rack letters, then a message that no words can be made will be displayed.
Only one letter will be added from Beginning, Anywhere, or End to the rack letters to form a new word.
Consider the scrabble board below and the rack letters "naiesre":
- Valid answers formed using any one of the board letters C-L-E-A would
require that one of those letters are near the beginning of the new word. To
play off of those letters, enter 'clea' in the box labeled 'Beginning'.
The Scrabble Helper will find new words by adding one of C, L, E, or
A near the beginning of words formed from the rack letters.
- Similarly, new words can be formed using any one of the board
letters I-T-E-S, such that the board letters would be near the end of the
new word. Just enter I-T-E-S into the box labeled 'End'.
Letters can be added the Beginning, End, and Anywhere boxes, but only one
board letter will be added to the rack letters to form a new word. Adding 'clea' to the beginning box and also adding 'ites' to the end
box yields the following results. Note 3 additional bingos are possible.
- There is room on the board to form new words with the letters T-E-S
anywhere in a new word. In this case, T-E-S could also be entered in
the box labeled 'Anywhere'.
Matching by Position
Words can be formed that have letters with fixed spacing. For example, in the
sample board below words can be made using the two N's, but the N's must
be 3 spaces apart. To find words using those N's, enter an N in boxes 1 and 4
and click Show Answers.
The following words can be made using the sample rack letters and the two N's
on the sample board.
It is not possible to make a word using the two N's that also forms a word
from BITES. Selecting Start instead of Anywhere will find words that start
with N, so the space before the B in BITES can be avoided..
To find a word that ends with BY:
To find a word that contains BY and has an S that
can be used to form ADJOINS:
To find a word that will use the Triple Word Score in the lower left
- After entering letters in the rack, type enter to submit only the rack letters
- After entering letters in the 'Board Letters' section, type enter to submit the rack and board letters
- Type space or tab in the 'Match Letters By Position section to skip to the next input box
- After entering letters in the 'Match Letters By Position section, use the Enter Key to submit the rack and letters by position
- The cursor will be placed in the rack after the page refreshes.
*Some keyboard shortcuts will not work on mobile or tablet devices